Events and Volunteerism
The easiest way to support the Friends Helping Friends Foundation is by showing up! We have a variety of events throughout the year helping to raise money and raise awareness for the care of animals at Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control.
Volunteers play a critical role at Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control, assisting with animal care and facilitating adoptions. Help is always needed walking dogs, assisting with fundraising events, providing kennel or cattery support, and welcoming the community at the Front Desk.
As a volunteer for FHFF:
- You can be part of the solution. You'll join a network of hundreds of thousands of people working to make the world safe and more humane for all living creatures. You'll make the jobs of everyone working for animals a little easier by lending a hand and spreading the message of responsible pet ownership and animal protection.
- You can get warm fuzzies. You'll never find a more grateful and accepting comrade than an animal you've comforted.
- You'll be in good company. You'll make lots of new friends—and not just the four-legged kind. Working side by side with people who share similar interests can forge lifelong friendships.
- Meet the new you! You'll discover skills you never knew you had, and you may be surprised at what you're capable of achieving.
- Gain valuable skills and experience. You'll learn things that may lead you to the career—or career change—of your dreams. Employers and college admissions officers look favorably on time spent in volunteer service.
- You’ll enjoy a wagging tail, a purr, and a smile. Didn't someone once say that the best things in life are free?
Contact Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control for a volunteer application and to learn more. Click here
for their volunteer page.
Join the board or a planning committee
How can you make the most impact? It starts by joining a planning committee of the Friends Helping Friends Foundation, working with us on marketing, event planning, fundraising, and strategic planning. From there, we select new board members as board openings become available.
We are an active board, helping direct funding to gaps and needs at Cedar Rapids Animal Care and Control. Being a board member includes participation at monthly meetings, community advocacy, fundraising, and a hands-on approach to our events and activities.
Take the first step by sending us an e-mail